Subject to the terms and exclusions below, Decorlux ABN 42 162 256 724 warrants that the following products supplied and installed by Decorlux (Goods) will be free from all defects due to faulty design, materials or workmanship (either in the Goods or installation) (the Warranty). It is important that you read this document carefully and in its entirety in order to understand when the Warranty does and does not apply, and how to make a Warranty claim. (Warranty is not transferable).
2.1 The Warranty applies to the following Goods:
- a. Roller Blinds (also known as Holland Blinds);
- b. Dual Blinds;
- c. Vertical Blinds;
- d. Venetian Blinds;
- e. Roman Blinds;
- f. Panel Glide Blinds;
- g. Motorised Blinds;
- h. Curtains;
- i. Awning Blinds;
- j. Zip Track
2.2 The Warranty will cover:
- a. subject to paragraph 2.2(b), for three years (unless a shorter warranty period is specified),
replacement of defective materials and parts;
- b. for one year, replacement of defective materials and parts on Goods manufactured overseas;
- c. for one year, labour to:
- I. replace or repair defective material and parts;
- II. resolve puckering of material where material is under 2 metres in width; and
- III. Rectify manufacturing faults.
2.3 The Warranty will NOT cover:
- a. Marks or imperfections in, holes or runs in, or fraying of the material which occurs more than 30 days after installation;
- b. Products that shrink or expand due to weather conditions;
- c. Puckering of material where material is over 2 metres in width;
- d. Lines, creases or waves. ( leave product in down or closed position for up to 3 months )
- e. Imperfections that are not visible to the naked eye from a distance of 1.5 metres;
- f. Uneven rolling of linked blinds;
- g. Products with a drop of 3.3 meters or more;
- h. Roller blinds under 600mm in width; or
- i. Blinds/products installed into plaster or other non-standard structures. Non-standard refers to any structures other than timber or aluminium frames and/or timber architraves.
We take no responsibility for the strength of any surface we fix into.
- j. Variation in speed of motorised blinds(motorised roller blinds have a variation of up to -/+ 10% in speed and accuracy as per manufacturer specifications)
3. Plantation shutters
3.1 The Warranty applies to the following Goods:
- a. Fauxwood (PVC) Plantation Shutters;
- b. Basswood (timber) Plantation Shutters; and
- c. Aluminium Plantation Shutters.
3.2 The Warranty will cover:
- a. For three years, fading or peeling which has occurred consistently across the inside and outside of panels and the framing;
- b. For one year, defects in parts and mechanisms (including screws, hinges and control bars) and labour; and
- c. If noticed on or within seven days of installation, broken blades, cracks in frames or panels, paint or dint blemishes.
3.3 The Warranty will NOT cover:
- a. Inconsistent fading or peeling;
- b. Imperfections that are not visible to the naked eye from a distance of 1.5 metres;
- c. broken blades, cracks in frames or panels, paint or dint blemishes noticed or occurring more than seven days after installation; or
- d. Shutters that come away from the wall due to installation with architraves.
If Decorlux have replaced your Basswood (timber) Plantation Shutters due to fading or discolouration of the stain, the Warranty will not cover the replacement shutters if you select the same or a different stain colour. The Warranty will only cover the replacement shutters if you choose a white or painted colour in Basswood (timber), or Fauxwood (PVC) Plantation Shutters as a replacement.
4. General Exclusions
Despite anything in this document, and in addition to the product-specific exclusions, the Warranty does not apply to the following:
- a. Goods that have not yet been paid for in full
- b. Normal wear and tear of the Goods
- c. Failure to follow any procedures specified or recommended by Decorlux;
- d. Any act or circumstance beyond Decorlux ’control, including tampering, unauthorised repairs or modifications, misuse, abuse, accident or damage caused by animals or natural events;
- e. labour costs for following installation;
- I. for pickup orders or where the client provides measurements and handles installation:
- II. Consequential loss, whether direct, indirect or economic and whether arising in contract, tort or otherwise.
5. To make a Warranty Claim
5.1 Making a Warranty Claim
To make a Warranty claim, a client must, within 14 days of discovering a defect in the Goods:
- a. Advise Decorlux of the details of the defect; and
- b. Provide to Decorlux details of the purchase of the Goods and proof of purchase reasonably acceptable to Decorlux.
5.2 Service Fee
- a. Decorlux will charge a $110.00 service fee to attend a client’s premises to inspect Goods that are the subject of a Warranty claim.
- b. The Service Fee will be refunded if the alleged defect is covered under this Warranty and the Warranty claim is made within 12 months of installation; or
- c. If the alleged defect is not covered under this Warranty or by a consumer guarantee under the Australian Consumer Law, or a Warranty claim is made later than 12 months after installation, the service fee will not be refunded and the client will also be required to pay the cost of labour and parts.
5.3 Repair or replacement
If the Warranty or a consumer guarantee applies, Decorlux will arrange with the client for the rectification of the alleged defect to be carried out, or for new Goods to be installed. Decorlux will not be responsible for any costs incurred by the client in notifying Decorlux of the defect in the Goods.
5.4 No extension to Warranty period
Repairs carried out or replacements provided under this Warranty do not extend the relevant warranty period, and do not initiate a new warranty period. The warranty period for any replacement parts or new Goods installed will end together with the initial Warranty.
6. Things you should know
- a. There will be gaps between the edge of your Blinds and your architraves, if your blinds are mounted on the inside on the window frame, meet in the corner, or butt together.
- b. REVERSE ROLL – (OVER-ROLL)Decorlux does not guarantee reverse roll blinds. They are prone to rolling crookedly and may cause damage to edges. Reverse roll blinds may also ‘spring-out’ rather than rolling tightly against the tube.
- c. Your windows may not be perfectly square and your Blinds may not always sit straight or perfectly flat if this is the case.
- d. If you operate your Blinds up and down gently, this will help for the long term life of your Blinds.
- e. Decorlux does not advise clients to install Roman Blinds on doors due to the fact that the height will take up the percentage of the doors and there is a chance you may brush your head against the bottom panel.
- f. Venetian Blinds are not designed to be lifted up and down on a regular basis. To get the most life out of your Venetian Blinds, we therefore advise to open Venetian Blinds by tilting the slats horizontally rather than lifting the blinds completely.
- g. It is required by law to have child safety locks installed with your blinds. All of Decorlux’ installations are installed with child safety locks.
- h. Subject to the Australian Consumer Law, Decorlux’ responsibility under this Warranty will not exceed the purchase price of the Goods or their replacement.
- i. The benefits given by this Warranty are in addition to other rights and remedies you may have under a law in relation to the goods to which the Warranty relates.
7. Australian Consumer Law
- a. The Goods and their installation come with guarantees that cannot be excluded under the Australian Consumer Law. Any exclusions in this Warranty are subject to the Australian Consumer Law, and this Warranty does not override or alter your rights under the Australian Consumer Law. The client is entitled to a replacement or refund for a major failure and compensation for any other reasonably foreseeable loss or damage. The client is also entitled to have the Goods repaired or replaced if the Goods fail to be of acceptable quality and the failure does not amount to a major failure.
- b. Where a failure does not amount to a major failure, Decorlux will provide, at Decorlux’ option, a repair, replacement or refund for the Goods. If the Goods are, or a component of the Goods is, no longer available and the Goods cannot be repaired, Decorlux will, in its absolute discretion, replace the Goods with a substitute item.
Guide for maintaining blinds.
- a. We recommend a regular dusting of your blinds using a feather duster to prevent any dust build up.
- b. For common dirt and marks we recommend using a sponge soaked in lukewarm water and gently treating the area.
- c. Decorlux accepts no responsibility for any damage to your blinds caused by cleaning and by the use of detergents.
- d. For windows that require frequent use or access, such as sliding doors, If you blinds start to fray on the side then cut off the fraying section with sharp scissors and use a touch of hairspray to reseal the edge.